QUICK INSTALLATION GUIDE
NS-SDSK-BL / NS-SDSK-MH / NS-SDSK-AK
1 PACKAGE CONTENT
3LIST OF MAIN PARTS
4ASSEMBLING THE KNIFE
5ASSEMBLING THE LEGS
6 SWITCH INSTALLATION
7 ADAPTER INSTALLATION AND WIRE CONNECTION
8USING A STANDING DESK
11IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
12 LEGAL NOTICE
13 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
15Documents / Resources
16 related posts
- Standing desk
- Small parts list
- Quick Service Guide
- Easily adjusts to a comfortable height with a hand switch
- 19.7 inches (50 cm) of height adjustment allows you to use the desk in a standing or sitting position
- The desktop holds up to 110 pounds. (50 kg) and suitable for computer, printer or sewing machine (within the weight limit)
- Cable management for a clean look
- Choice of two colors, black or mahogany (both with black frame)
- The electric adjustment switch easily raises or lowers the height of the desk
- A steel frame with a chipboard table top provides a stable work surface
Please read this manual before using your new product to prevent damage.
SMALL PARTS LIST
LIST OF MAIN PARTS
- Place the desktop upside down on a carpet or protective cloth.
Note:Make sure both legs are in the lowest position (turn the shaft in each leg to do so) before installation so that the table is level when folded.
- Insert the hexagonal shaft into the first leg3into the corresponding hole in the desk leg holder, then rotate the leg until the screw holes align and the connecting cable on top of the leg faces the motor.
- Secure the leg to the tabletop with four M6 × 16 screws, tightening them firmly with a 4 × 4 Allen key.
- Repeat the steps to attach the other leg2.
Note:See "Installing the Adapter and Connecting the Cables" for information on cable connections.
ASSEMBLY OF FEET
Attach the feet to the bottom of the legs with four 6 × 16 screws. Make sure the adjustable pads on the bottom of the feet are facing down and the long side of each foot is facing forward (as shown).
Fix the switch to the bottom of the desktop with two ST4.2*19 screws.
Tighten the screws with a 5 × 5 Allen key. Make sure the flat side of the switch is facing the desktop and the UP and DOWN buttons are facing forward.
ADAPTER INSTALLATION AND WIRE CONNECTION
- Slide adapter6into the slot at the bottom of the desktop with the female connector on the left side (as shown) and the adapter cable on the right side (see details).
- Connect the cable from the switch to the adapter cable6, then lock them together (see details).
- Connect the small connector of the power cord to the female connector of the adapter (see details).
- Connect the adapter cable9to the DC port. Connect the motor cable to the M1 port (see details).
- Secure the cables to the bottom of the desktop with the included cable ties (see details).
USING A STANDING DESK
1 With the help of a second person, lift the desk off the floor and set it upright.
2 Place the desk where you want it on a hard, level floor.
3 Plug your desk into an electrical outlet.
4 Pressto raise the desktop and press themto lower the tabletop.
Note: Before moving the table up or down, make sure there are no obstructions on or around the table.
- In the lowest position, press and hold the lowering button (more than 5 seconds) to reset the lifting system.
When the lifting system reaches the lowest level, rebounds and then stops, the reset is successful.
- In the event of a lift failure, release the button and then press and hold the lower button (more than 5 seconds).
When the lifting system reaches the lowest level, rebounds and then stops, the reset is successful.
Note:When the built-in lifting system sensor encounters resistance, the lifting system stops, then reverses and stops.
- Press and holdIbuttons together (longer than 5 seconds) to disable or enable the anti-collision function.
- Maximum weight: 110 pounds. (50kg)
- Input voltage required: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz
- Lowest position: 28.7 inches (73 cm)
- Highest position: 48.4 inches (123 cm)
- Dimensions (desktop size) (H x W x D): 47.2 x 23.6 x 0.7 inches (120 x 60 x 1.8 cm)
The tabletop does not go up or down
- Make sure all cables are securely connected.
- Make sure the worktop is not overloaded. The maximum weight should not exceed 110 pounds. (50 kg).
- Please try again after 30 minutes.
- Contact your supplier or retailer.
IMPORTANT, SAFE INFORMATION
- Only use the table when the temperature is between 32 and 104° F (0-40° C).
- The power supply requires 100-240 VAC ~ 50/60 Hz.
- Do not expose the power adapter to moisture or excessive dust. This may cause a risk of electric shock.
- Use the adapter in a well-ventilated place. The maximum ambient temperature around the power supply must not exceed 104° F (40° C).
- Do not open the power supply under any circumstances. The power supply is not intended to be repaired in the event of component failure or damage. There are no internal serviceable parts.
- Discontinue use if any of the following occur:
- The adapter turns off when connected to a switch port. (LED turns off)
- The power supply LED blinks when the power supply is connected to the power outlet.
- The cord or plug is damaged or frayed.
- Make sure the adapter plug and switch port are properly connected.
- The socket should be installed near the adapter and should be easily accessible.
- Please make sure your table is properly and fully assembled before use.
CARE:Unplug the power cord before cleaning the table. Wipe the dust off the surface with a slightly damp cloth. Do not use caustic or abrasive cleaners or any solvents (such as benzene or gasoline) to clean the table.
CARE:Children should not be allowed to operate the table.
FCC PART 15
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules.
Operation of this product is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this device does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the device off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the distance between the device and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult your dealer or an experienced technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for FCC compliance
The policy may void the user's authority to operate this equipment.
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
For full warranty please visitwww.insigniaproducts.com.
1-877-467-4289 (US and Canada) or 01-800-926-3000 (Mexico)
INSIGNIA is a trademark of Best Buy and its affiliates
Distributed by Best Buy Purchasing, LLC
7601 Penn Ave South, Richfield, MN 55423 USA
©2021 Best Buy. All rights reserved.
Documents / Resources
|INSIGNIA standing desk[pdf] Installation manual|
INSIGNIA, Standing desk, NS-SDSK-BL, NS-SDSK-MH, NS-SDSK-AK
- (Video) How To Reset Your Electric Standing Desk
Origami computer desk installation instructions
COMPUTER DESK STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS 1. 2. Spread the sides of the desk 3. Hold…
Installation instructions for the SVIVE VEGA gaming desk
Installation instructions for the SVIVE VEGA gaming desk Parts of the VEGA gaming desk A*8 1/4*30 B*2 M5*14.5 C*4 1/4*41 D*1 E*1…
Installation instructions for the INSIGNIA standing desk
QUICK INSTALLATION GUIDE Standing Desk NS-SDSK-BL / NS-SDSK-MH PACKAGE CONTENTS Standing Desk Small Parts List Quick Setup Guide…
Ergotec HiLO Stand Installation Guide
Installation Instructions Parts List Crossbar Spacing Contact Information Ergotech Group, LLC 100 Kuebler Road Easton, PA 18040 USA…(Video) Standing Desk Assembly Instructions | Topsky Electric Standing Desk Step-by-Step
Stand with your head back, and hips upright with an 'S' curve in your spine. Maintain good ergonomic principles: find a good chair, use proper pelvic support, and have your knees at 90 degrees. Raise your monitor height to be level with your eyes. Position your eyes to be 20-28 inches from the monitor screen.How long does it take to put together an uplift desk? ›
Visit our UPLIFT Desk Assembly + Programming page to see our assembly videos and instructions. Roughly how long should it take to assemble? We usually say to give it about an hour, but it may take a little more or less time depending on how much experience you've had assembling things and how handy you are.Why are my standing desk controls not working? ›
The control box cycle may be out. The power cables used to connect the desk may have not been secured. The legs of the standing desk may be uneven. There could be obstructions in the travel path.Why won't my standing desk move up? ›
This usually happens for one of two reasons: the desk was unplugged and then plugged back in, or the outlet lost power. When a standing desk loses power and then gets it again, it often goes into reset mode. A sit-stand desk can only move downwards while in reset mode.How do you adjust an electric standing desk? ›
Adjusting the height of standing desk converters is simple. To lower the desk, locate the handles on both undersides of the top section of the desk - this is usually where your monitors are placed. Once found, gently squeeze the handles and press down on the desk to lower it to your desired height.How do electric height adjustable desks work? ›
How do electric motorized standing desks or sit/stand desks work? Most power standing desks have either a brushed motor or a brushless motor. This small DC (direct current) motor is activated by a controller to raise, stop, or lower the desk column(s).Should I stand all day at standing desk? ›
Many ergonomic experts recommend standing about 5-15 minutes out of every hour when using a standing desk, although research is ongoing. One study in the British Journal of Sports Medicine recommends that it's ideal to move, stand, and take breaks from sitting for a total of at least 2 hours in an 8 hour work day.How many hours should you stand at a standing desk? ›
Try to alternate between sitting and standing every 30 to 60 minutes. Bottom Line: Try to alternate between sitting and standing. Early research suggests you should only spend 1 hour standing for every 1–2 hours sitting.Is it better to stand at your desk than sit? ›
The Pros. Besides less sitting time, standing at work has other benefits: More calories burned: One study showed that standing sheds 88 calories an hour, compared to 80 calories for sitting. Walking burns a lot more -- 210 calories an hour.How long do standing desks last? ›
Manual Standing Desks are durable and last from between 5-10 years, or more if they're given the proper level of care and maintenance.
What is the difference between the T-frame and the C-frame? The T-frame is constructed with bent steel and uses the traditional height-adjustable desk design of centering the legs over the feet. The C-frame features curved aluminum feet, and offsets the legs toward the rear of the desk, providing added stability.Why are standing desks so expensive? ›
Standing desks are known to be more expensive than your average desk, the main reason is because of the mechanisms needed to make them easily rise and fall. Electric motors are not cheap on their own and therefore adding one to a large desk certainly increases the price.Does the UpLift desk wobble? ›
Stability at Standing Height
The Uplift v2 Desk has stability issues that start at 42.5″ for the front to back motion. Once you move beyond this height, you begin to notice wobble motions as well. The main reason the Uplift Desk was more stable than others, without cross supports, was because of the wedge design.
Standard UpLift V2 base weighs 68 lbs. UpLift V2 Commercial base weighs 93 lbs. Desktop weights obviously vary by size and type. 45-90 minutes after unpacking.How much weight can you put on an UpLift desk? ›
Weight Capacity: 355 lbs.Can you manually raise a standing desk? ›
A manual standing desk is a type of adjustable desk that does not use any type of powered mechanism to lift the desk surface up and down. Instead, the desk must be manually adjusted by the user, typically using a hand crank or lever to lift the desk surface to the desired height.Why is only one side of my standing desk going up? ›
Why only one side of my SmartDesk is raising? First, please check to see if the desk is connected to power, if the control box is still working, if the keypad is receiving power, and if the leg cables are not loosened. The working control box shows a green light if connected to power properly.How do I reset my standing desk uplift? ›
- Remove all items under the desk. ...
- Press the down button once.
- Hold the down button until the desk stops at its lowest position. ...
- Hold the down button again for 30 seconds or until the display changes. ...
- Hold the down button again until the desk lowers slightly, rises, and stops.
Hold the DOWN button until the desktop lowers slightly, then raises slightly, and the display changes back to the numeric height setting, then release. The desk frame ships with default minimum and maximum height limits. These steps allow the upper and lower limits to be changed to your preference.What is the error code E05 on a standing desk? ›
E05: Anti collision function, E05 error code will disappear once the desk automatically stops and resets itself. This may also appear due to friction within the leg itself, this could be due to a number of things such as the difference in paint thickness on the legs or tight shimming between columns themselves.
E01 or E02 Code shown on LED Display
This is is caused by overload of weight capticity (250 lbs +) or running the desk up and down continously over an extended period of time. Please unplug the desk, wait 20 minutes, and plug the desk back into power.
This code means the desk needs to be reset. Please take use the following instructions described below when the LED display shows ASR. Please press AND CONTINUE TO HOLD the “▼” button until the desk reaches its lowest height and rebounds to stop to reset.Are standing desks good for your legs? ›
Standing desk aficionados tend to experience more pain in the lower back, legs and feet. "If your body is using the same muscles, the same way all the time, you're going to experience strain," said Freedman.How much space should be between legs and desk? ›
From your desk's edge, the minimum under-desk clearance depth should be 17.3” (44 cm) for your knees and 23.6” (60 cm) for your feet.How often do you switch between standing and sitting? ›
Try to alternate frequently
What's best for the body is not to sit or stand, but to move, Chambers said. Just the act of getting up and down burns more calories than sitting or standing. So try to alternate between the two positions as often as makes sense – an optimal choice would be every 30 minutes.
Not all standing desks need to be plugged into a power source. If you have electric or motorized standing desks these will use a control box that needs to be powered to reset and change settings as well as raise or lower the height of your desk. Your desk should be plugged into a constant power source.Do standing desks use a lot of electricity? ›
How much Electricity do Electric Desks Use? If you are worried that getting height adjustable desks with motors will increase your electricity bill, then don't! The average motorised desk uses 200 watts, and that's only when the motor is in use to raise and lower the desk. On standby, it only uses 0.2 watts.Are electric standing desks good? ›
Many studies have looked into the health benefits of standing desks, and the big winners are your neck and back. “When you feel a little stiff or achy, it lets you change things up,” Dennerlein says. Some studies have found the desks make a difference for easing lower back and shoulder and neck discomfort.How long should you stand a day to lose weight? ›
– Standing instead of sitting for six hours a day could help people lose weight over the long term, according to a Mayo Clinic study published in the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology.Is standing for 12 hours bad? ›
That's because standing too long can result in blood pooling in the legs, increased pressure in the veins and increased oxidative stress, all of which can contribute to an increased risk.
Those who used standing desks during the studies reported an improvement of up to 32% in their lower back and neck pain after using the desk for a period of several weeks.Why does my groin hurt at a standing desk? ›
Hernia. Hernias can occur when you stand up too often. If you feel discomfort in your lower back or groin area, this could signify a hernia.How long does it take to adjust to a standing desk? ›
It takes the average person around two weeks to become confident and standing hours on end. Don't be discouraged if you're noticing early fatigue... No pain no gain.Can you stand too long at a standing desk? ›
Risks of Standing For Too Long
Despite the proven benefits of standing desks, it seems you can also stand for too long. Ask anyone who is on their feet all day for work and most will tell you it isn't easy. Too much standing can cause lower back pain and problems with leg muscles, tendons and varicose veins.
Losing Weight While Standing
' A study actually found that people can burn over 0.15 calories per minute while standing. However, there was a difference between the two genders, with men able to burn up to 0.2 calories and women able to burn 0.1 calories a minute.
Spending less time sitting and more time standing lowers blood sugar, cholesterol, and weight — all of which translates into a lower risk for heart disease.What tools do you need to assemble a standing desk? ›
You will need the included Allen wrench or an electric drill or screwdriver. The process of setting up your standing desk should take about 10 minutes. You can set up the control panel and keyboard in your desired location on the desk.How long does it take to assemble a desk? ›
|Time to assemble||Difficulty (1-5)|
A screwdriver is one of the most commonly used furniture tools. While a regular hand screwdriver can get the job done, all of that turning can take a long time and make your wrists tired. If you want to speed things up, a battery powered screwdriver is one of the best furniture building tools.What tools do you need to put furniture together? ›
Then line up all of your tools so you have them handy. Typically, this will include Allen wrenches (of course), a hammer, and a Phillips head screwdriver. You may want a rubber mallet instead of the hammer though, as the former could damage the finish. A power screwdriver is handy, too.
If your furniture delivery person is also assembling your furniture for you, it's customary to tip a certain amount—these can be brutal. After all, remember how hard it was to assemble that Ikea bookshelf in college? Depending on how long the task takes, $10 to $20 is a good amount.
Most professional furniture assembly costs between $90 and $150. It can cost as little as $40 or as much as $450 per piece. Usually, contractors charge a minimum for smaller, easy-to-assemble jobs. The average furniture assembly cost per hour is $35 to $90.How long should a desk last? ›
The box comes will all the screws and allen wrenches you'll need. You will need an additional phillips screwdriver, though, or preferably a drill. Once you assemble the desk frame, you literally just drill on the table top. The tabletop I got had pre-dilled holes for Ikea legs.